The best part of getting older is becoming grandparents. This picture was taken a few years ago with our #6 and #7 grand children. We live very close to most of our family. Only Greg and Jess live in Utah. We try to see them as often as possible, but we get to see the others a lot. We are so blessed with the privilege of being a part of each other's lives.
This week Jenny went to a scrap booking convention and I was able to spend some quality time with her kids. Interacting with them as I did my own children so many years ago was so fun and brought back many fond memories. I am amazed at the amount of work it takes to care for them and keep everything else in order. I loved that part of my life so much. When I get to fall back into that roll or find myself in that situation, I know that is what I did best, and the part of me that just came so naturally as I mothered my babies. It's hard to imagine doing it day in and day out, it's very tiring, especially now, at 55.
Everyday in the company of little children is a great blessing!

Thanks mom! I haves omething for you for being my kids' primary caregiver this week. They loved it and I did too.
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome Grandma you are too!
ReplyDeleteHolly, your blog is so cute! Wow, that Book of Mormon Read-A-Thon looks like it was successful. Lisa Bird :)
ReplyDelete