Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We're Moving Along, but still have a big mess!

I didn't take any pictures of the mess this time, only the part that looks good. I'm very pleased with the way it is coming along. It looks so fresh and clean, and the big mess has been worth it. But I'm affraid I'll be dusting until Christmas time!

All three of the pictures are of the ceiling in the living room. All of our furniture is stacked in the dining room right now. I think the living room is done but the only painter here right now is spanish speaking. He's the only one working here this morning so I'm not sure of the plan.

This is above the fireplace, it looks really different. Gene wants me to tell him to paint this area the tan color that you see to the right, but I don't speak spanish.

Here is Gene, talking on the phone to Greg who requested these pictures. Remember the valance above the windows? We're not putting it back. I love the clean look. It's gonna be a big change, I have de-cluttered, by taking all of the pictures down, of course that was necessary for the painting. It looks good, I knew that I had gone over board with the pictures so I'm not sure how many are going back up, if any.

More to come.

I did it, I spoke Spanish! No he could understand english, he just doesn't talk much!

2 comments:

  1. it looks nice Holly, we will have to come and see in person sometime.
    Are you making a trip north this fall/winter? We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't wait to see the end results! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete